Tuesday 12 September 2017

Post 262: Best Wishes Card (Dry Embossing with a Stencil)

Hi friends :)

How are you? I'd like to share a card today. This was made for a Guest Design post for Craftreat. All the details can be checked out here.

I've used a stencil to do dry embossing here. There is a blog post I wrote a few days back on ideas to use stencils, if you'd like to check it out, it is here.

For this Best Wishes card, I’ve done dry embossing with a stencil. I inked up one part of the 2 Step Paisley Design Stencil with Peeled Paint Distress Ink and then with the embossing sandwich in place, ran it through the die cutting machine. The panel of green cardstock I used was already die cut because if we die cut an embossed paper, the embossing usually gets depressed into the paper. After running it through the machine, I got an embossed card panel which had lighter green embossed paisley shapes and it was surrounded by the peeled paint background. I took a sponge dauber and blended some fossilized amber distress oxide into the background and then placed part 2 (smaller design) on top of the card panel and blended peeled paint distress ink through it.

The embossing sandwich I used with my sizzix big shot plus was as follows:

Bottom to top: Platform + Sizzix Impressions Pad (this is a hard pad) + Sizzix Silicone Rubber Pad (this is a squishy pad) + Cardstock + Stencil (inked part facing the cardstock) + 1 sheet of printer paper + 1 cutting plate 

(I did not use either of the 2 adapters A or B because with the above sandwich I got the impression I was looking for, no more pressure was required). You can use a Spellbinders Tan Pad or Sizzix Silicone and Impressions Pads for embossing with stencils. Watch a couple of youtube tutorials and you’ll be good to go in case you have never done it before.

List of Supplies:
Winnie & Walter Essentials: Audrey Cutaways
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Celebration Words Script by Tim Holtz
Craftreat 2 Step Paisley Design Stencil
Distress Inkpad - Peeled Paint
Distress Oxide Inkpad - Fossilized Amber
Uniball Signo White Gel Pen
Half Pearls
White Ribbon
White & Green Cardstock 250 gsm

Here is a photo of the card:


I am playing along with the following challenges:

Fusion Card Challenge- I was inspired by the photo and all the greens in it. 

Thanks for your time :)
Love reading your sweet comments. 
Stay Blessed. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your cards always and this one's such a gem of a card. Beautifully made ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful CAS Card Preeti..Love the layout..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies Challenge. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

    ReplyDelete